ODP Data Export Problems

I became aware of an interesting DMOZ/ODP problem today. Apparently the RDF export code is a bit broken lately and there hasn’t been a successful RDF export of the ODP content since September 22. This means the secondary sites such as Google that rely on ODP data aren’t able to see any of the changes we’ve made in the last month. I tracked down an editor’s forum with a discussion about the problem and volunteered to help out. I’m not even sure where one can download the code or what language it’s written in yet but we’ll see what happens.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.